International passenger flight 370 of Malaysia Airlines disappeared while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia, to Beijing International Airport in China. The aircraft last made voice contact with air traffic control at 01:19 MYT, 8 March (17:19 UTC, 7 March) when it was over the South China Sea, less than an hour after takeoff. It […]
Tag: Carlyle Group
(Wayne Madsen) Retired United Airlines Captain Philip Marshall became an irritant to the Central Intelligence Agency and its favorite “kingdom,” the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with his constant unraveling of the Saudi government’s connections to the 9/11 attack and his subsequent promise to expose even more “shocking” information about the 9/11 attack. After a multi-state […]
Anita Moncrief is a former employee of ACORN who testified against the organization for two hours on October 29, 2008, in a Pennsylvania courtroom in a lawsuit filed by the Pennsylvania Republican Party against ACORN and Pennsylvania Secretary of State Pedro Cortes.
In October of 2008, Anita MonCrief was a young, engaged, 27-year-old mother-to-be living in Maryland. She attended the University of Alabama majoring in Political Science and History, then later interned for the American Bar Association. In 2005, she joined ACORN and its affiliate Project Vote. As a staff member for Project Vote, she worked with grassroots organizers across the country to register low-income and minority voters. Anita designed Acorn’s 2005, 2006, and 2007 Political Operations year-end PowerPoint presentations. To quote Anita, “I lived and breathed ACORN with every fiber of my being at the time, because I thought that I was doing something to make the world better for Addie (my daughter).”
Soon however, Anita learned what ACORN really was about and subsequently they had a falling out. She made the following statements revealing connections between ACORN and the Obama campaign:
- Project Vote has violated its 501(c)(3) status by using government and private grants that ultimately go directly or indirectly to ACORN (based on direct knowledge).
- ACORN, Project Vote and Citizens Services Inc. (CSI) are essentially the same organization with different tax designations that are used to facilitate the transfer of money between them (based on direct and indirect knowledge).
- ACORN has promoted a culture of dishonesty motivated by reaching target Voter Registration goals and senior staff have portrayed an attitude that allows for some “bad” cards in order to reach these goals (based on direct and indirect knowledge).
- Karyn Gillette, Project Vote Development Director, Jeff Robinson, senior Project Vote “money man” and Nathan Henderson James, Project Vote Research and Political Director are all employed by CSI and may have worked directly with anyone seeking the services of CSI and money paid to CSI would have obvious ACORN ties (based on direct and indirect knowledge and documents).
- Zach Polett, former Executive Director of Project Vote and former director of ACORN Political Operations mentioned that Obama had worked for us and that he even supervised him during a ACORN Political staff retreat in November 2007 (based on direct knowledge)
According to MonCrief, in the years 2003 through 2008, ACORN and its liberal groups like Emily’s List, and Project Parenthood, registered over seven million unmatched voters thereby creating Obama’s margin of victory in precincts across America.
MonCrief first came forward as a confidential source to The New York Times. However, after the Times backed away, she decided to speak publicly to expose the damage that ACORN had done to the impoverished and marginalized communities, as well as its rampant voter fraud. She also began to blog and write about corruption within the ACORN/Project Vote network of corporations. In June 2009, Project vote/ACORN filed a lawsuite against MonCrief attempting to silence her. In March 2010, the lawsuit was dismissed.
Anita is now the National Spokesperson for American Majority , and the Editor-in-Chief of a new website, Emerging Corruption. She’s a citizen journalist, blogger, and writer in Washington D.C., and contributes to Breitbart’s Big Government, Hot Air, and the Heritage Foundation as well. She’s also an enthusiastic supporter of both Allen West and Sarah Palin, however, she’s most famously known as the ACORN/Project Vote Whistleblower.
Via Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, her testimony before Congress covers the following:
- November 2007 — Project Vote contacted by Obama presidential campaign
- Project Vote received Obama donor list from Obama campaign
- Project Vote solicited Obama donors to pay for voter registration and to “get out the vote”
- Project Vote received donor lists from other Democratic and labor union sources: John Kerry campaign, [Hillary] Clinton campaign, Barack Obama campaign, Democratic National Committee, America Coming Together (“ACT”)
- Project Vote development plan was to “approach maxed out presidential donors” and allegedly use the funds raised for voter registration drives
- ACORN “employees” were paid through Project Vote for partisan campaign activities, such as telling voters “don’t vote for Albert Wynn (sic) or vote for this person”
- In reality, there was no division between the staff of ACORN and Project Vote and persons working for one entity performed work for either or both organizations
- ACORN chose the states in which Project Vote would conduct voter registration drives, based on political considerations
- Registration drives (by Project Vote) conducted in “battleground states” where “by coming in and registering new voters, it could change the outcome of the election”
- The Obama campaign’s donor list was part of the evidence admitted into the hearing on the injunction in October 2008
- ACORN Political is the “strategic planning arm” of ACORN, and it looks at contested congressional districts, ballot measures, initiatives like minimum wage, etc.
- Project Vote had a $28,000,000 budget which was funneled through Citizens Consulting Incorporated (“CCI”)
- CCI is an ACORN affiliated entity that receives and disburses all funds, including charitable contributions from the Rockefeller Fund, the Vanguard Charitable Endowment and other private foundations and donors, to over 175 affiliated ACORN entities
- In 2007, there was a $9,000,000 discrepancy in the ACORN affiliated accounts
Since ACORN was financed largely with government money expropriated from your paycheck, it is forbidden from participating in the partisan political activities that are its main raison d’être.
She also shed light on a rent-a-thug program called “Muscle for the Money”:
- Payments from SEIU were made to ACORN’s DC office to harass The Carlyle Group and, specifically, Mr. David Rubenstein, a founder of the company
- Even though DC ACORN had no interest in The Carlyle Group, they were paid by SEIU to go break up a banquet and protest at his house
- It was called “Muscle for Money” because they would go intimidate people and protest
- Targets of the paid protests included Sherwin-Williams, H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt and Money Mart, among others
- The purpose was to get money from the targeted entities for ACORN, to force the companies to “negotiate”
This sort of corruption and abuse of power is why we have the Fourth Estate. MonCrief went to the Newspaper of Record with her story. Big mistake:
In July of 2008, I contacted New York Times reporter Stephanie Strom [regarding ACORN’s illegal involvement with the Obama campaign]… On October 21, 2009, Strom was set to come to Washington to meet me and to receive from me proof of contact between ACORN and staff of the Obama campaign. By this time, I no longer trusted her as I had earlier and would only give the proof to her in person. I had provided Strom with the list of donors from the Obama and Clinton second quarter donor list as well a DNC, DSCC and Kerry donor lists prior to her scheduled visit. That day, Strom reported to me via a voice mail that her editors at the New York Times told her to “stand down.” In a subsequent telephone conversation that day Strom told me that it was not the policy of the New York Times to print a story that close to the election that could be considered a “game changer” for either side.
Bwahahaha! Funny, this policy didn’t stop them from running front page smear stories falsely alleging that McCain had an affair with a lobbyist. “All the News That’s Fit to Print” has become “All the Lies That Help the Radical Left Consolidate Power.”
The BBC says that America’s special agents backed away from the bin Laden family soon after George W Bush became president. Agents were also told to back off the Saudi royals – although that changed following 9/11. The findings come from documents obtained from the FBI investigation of the US terror attacks by the Newsnight […]
The world’s media has reported that many of the so-called hijackers “fingered” by the FBI are still alive. For example the BBC (British Broadcasting Cooperation) carried this report: Hijack “suspects” alive and well. Abdul Aziz Al-Omari (Flight 11) (Trained Pilot) The identities of two men with the same name have been cobbled together to create an […]