Sec. of State Pompeo Announces Sanctions On Communist China & Venezuelan Election Machine Company

Secretary of State Pompeo made two major announcements on Friday when he revealed actions will be taken against China and a Venezuelan corporation.

The first statement by Pompeo’s State Department is titled, “U.S. Imposes New Sanctions on People’s Republic of China Actors Linked to Malign Activities.”

That report explains, “The Chinese Communist Party’s malign activity at home and abroad harms U.S. interests and undermines the sovereignty of our allies and partners. The United States will use all countermeasures available, including actions to prevent People’s Republic of China (PRC) companies and institutions from exploiting U.S. goods and technologies for malign purposes. Today’s actions mark yet another sign of our resolve.”

The Department of State notes that to prevent these entities from undermining “our national security and foreign policy interests,” the Department of Commerce will be adding 59 PRC entities to its export-control Entity List.

Additionally, America will be adding four entities to its Entity List for providing “DNA-testing materials or high-technology surveillance equipment to the PRC government.”

“We urge the Chinese Communist Party to respect the human rights of the people of China, including Tibetan Buddhists, Christians, Falun Gong members, Uyghur Muslims, and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups,” the statement reads.

The Department of Commerce will add nineteen entities to its Entity List.

These nineteen entities will be targeted for “systematically coordinating and committing more than a dozen instances of theft of trade secrets from U.S. corporations to advance the PRC defense industrial complex; engaging in activities that undermine U.S. efforts to counter illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive materials; or using U.S. exports to support the PLA and PRC defense industrial base, whose ultimate goal is to surpass the capabilities of other countries they view as competitors, particularly the United States.”

The second of Friday’s major announcements by Pompeo is titled, “The United States Takes Actions Against Supporters of the Illegitimate Maduro Regime’s Fraudulent Elections.”

The report explains that the United States has placed sanctions on, “Ex-Cle Soluciones Biométricas C.A. (Ex-Cle C.A.) for their support of the illegitimate Maduro regime’s fraudulent December 6 legislative elections.”

The Treasury Department’s sanctions also target “Guillermo Carlos San Agustin and Marcos Javier Machado Requena for having acted for or on behalf of” the company.

The report states, “San Augustin, a dual Argentine and Italian national, is a co-director, the administrator, a majority shareholder, and ultimate beneficial owner of Ex-Cle C.A.  Machado, a Venezuelan national, is a co-director, the president, and a minority shareholder of Ex-Cle C.A.”

The company has millions of dollars in contracts with Maduro’s regime, which the U.S. government correctly labels, “illegitimate.”

The statement says, the Venezuelan company, “was aware of and involved in the regime’s efforts to rig the fraudulent December 6 elections, thereby undermining democracy and suppressing the voices of the Venezuelan people.”

In a key section of the press statement, Pompeo’s State Department tells us “Ex-Cle C.A. also helped Maduro’s coopted National Electoral Council to purchase thousands of voting machines from China, routing payments thru the Russian financial system.”

“They shipped the voting machines through Iran using rogue airlines Mahan Air and Conviasa, both previously targeted by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control,” the press release continues.

Perhaps related, acting Director Of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told CBS News on Wednesday that “there was foreign election interference by China, #Iran, and Russia in November of this year [2020].”

Will any of these actions by the federal government lead to the truth about interference in America’s 2020 presidential election?

Report Alleges China’s ‘Mass Surveillance’ Of Americans Using Caribbean Cell Networks

New technical analysis compiled by a veteran cybersecurity expert previously at Mobileum, a mobile security company whose job it is to track threats to mobile operators, has detailed likely efforts of Chinese intelligence to surveil US mobile phone subscribers using phone networks out of the Caribbean.

Gary Miller, who has since started the cybersecurity company Exigent Media, has alleged and detailed to The Guardian that China is engaged in “active” surveillance attacks through foreign telecoms operators.

The Guardian report offers little to nothing in the way of forensic or technical evidence to back the claims, but is reliant merely on Miller’s track record of expertise as an industry insider. There have been similar allegation in the past, particularly a prior similar 2018-2019 report titled Far From Home.

Some of the details of the alleged China snooping are as follows:

“At the heart of the allegations are claims that China, using a state-controlled mobile phone operator, is directing signaling messages to US subscribers, usually while they are travelling abroad.

Signaling messages are commands that are sent by a telecoms operators across the global network, unbeknownst to a mobile phone user. They allow operators to locate mobile phones, connect mobile phone users to one another, and assess roaming charges. But some signaling messages can be used for illegitimate purposes, such as tracking, monitoring, or intercepting communications.

Miller claims that among US telecoms providers it’s a bit of an “open secret” but that “No one in the industry wants the public to know the severity of ongoing surveillance attacks.”

The findings appear to center on Signaling System 7 (SS7), a communications protocol which routes calls and data around the world. Analysts have long decried its inherent weaknesses and security vulnerabilities.

“I want the public to know about it,” Miller said. “Once you get into the tens of thousands, the attacks qualify as mass surveillance, which is primarily for intelligence collection and not necessarily targeting high-profile targets,” Miller told The Guardian further.

“It might be that there are locations of interest, and these occur primarily while people are abroad,” Miller described.

“China reduced attack volumes in 2019, favoring more targeted espionage and likely using proxy networks in the Caribbean to conduct its attacks, having close ties in both trade and technology investment,” he alleged further.

Source: ZeroHedge

Rebel Media Obtains Documents Proving Canadian Gov Has Been Training Chinese Troops in ‘Cold Weather Warfare’

Justin Trudeau invited China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) to send its troops for cold weather training at CFB Petawawa in Ontario — and Trudeau raged at the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) for cancelling the training after China kidnapped Canadian citizens Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig.

This is only one of many bombshell revelations in The China Files, a 34-page access to information document released by the Trudeau government to Rebel News, seen below.

Documents that normally would have been completely blacked out by government censors were instead greyed out — the documents remain completely readable. Rebel News has chosen to black out a very small portion that would otherwise compromise the safety of an individual.

How we got these secret documents:

In April of 2019, Rebel News first wrote to the government asking for any records corroborating a Russian report that Canada had sent a delegation to China for the 70th anniversary celebrations for the PLA Navy — a propaganda exercise held just months after the kidnapping of the two Michaels. The Trudeau government delayed replying to Rebel News for 19 months, but when they finally did, they not only confirmed their attendance at that macabre event, but listed other exchanges between the PLA and the CAF. Those include training Chinese commanders at the Canadian Forces College in Toronto, as well as other military facilities in Kingston. Chinese military participants included 1- and 2-star generals and an entire contingent who would learn Canadian cold weather military tactics.

The CAF’s decision to cancel the cold weather training panicked Trudeau, who demanded that Canada’s military not cancel any more engagements with the PLA without explicit permission first, and that the news of the cancellation had to be told to the PLA gently, to let them save face.

Other revelations include:

* Disgraced cabinet minister Catherine McKenna jetted to China for a three-day conference just months after the two Michaels were taken hostage

* Trudeau sent nearly 200 CAF personnel to Wuhan in October of 2019 to participate in the Military World Games, a propaganda bonanza for China diplomatic reports that China is using its “belt and road” negotiations to demand that countries drop human rights complaints if they want trade deals

Chinese censorship of Twitter use

s. 15 (1) – International

3. The Great Firewall grows taller? Bureaucrat disciplined for accessing foreign news on Twitter

A disciplinary notice circulated this week on social media, which criticised a deputy programming director of the Suzhou city TV broadcasting organization for having accessed “harmful information on illegal websites” via Twitter, which had “seriously violated political discipline and political rules.” The notice indicates that the individual will be removed from his post at the broadcaster and have their pay docked. It is unclear whether this signals a new trend in monitoring Party cadres online behaviour, or is a one-off event, but fits into the broader trend of increased monitoring of Twitter by authorities inside the Great Firewall, BEJING GR will continue to monitor.

* Chinese use of a smartphone app to track Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang

Bureaucrats bizarre protocol of referring to accused fraudster and Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou as “Ms. Meng”, but refusing to even mention the two Michaels by name

From: Payne, Nichola – OPB
Sent: January-28-19 6:48 PM
To: Nouvet, Antoine – IGR
CC: Hanley, Meghan – IGR; Bergeron, Jean-Francois – OPB
Subject: RE: the draft action memo and letter for USS

Classification: SECRET // CANADIAN EYES ONLY 
Classification: SECRET // RESERVE AUX CANADIENS

Hi Antonie,

We are in the process of reviewing the draft, and had a couple questions/comments:

1) Does DND/CAF have any upcoming bilateral events/initiatives in the near future that have been planned and may be cancelled?
2) Our impression is that DND/CAF reluctance to engage with the PLA is not solely related to Ms. Meng’s arrest and the consular cases – that there are other reasons behind their interest in dis-engaging. From our perspective it also perhaps to be related to a desire to be fully aligned with FEYs, particularly in the U.S., whose approach has shifted under the Trump Administration. We recall, for example, that back in December DND/CAF were keen to cancel the PLA’s participation in the winter survival training following the request from DOD to do so. We also recall CDS’s position on the SCS group sail back in September. From what I can tell, DND/CAF is also luke warm about engaging on peacekeeping and the potential security implications, despite it being a leaders…

Bureaucrats deriding concerns about military knowledge transfer to China as figments of the “Trump Administration”


HELP FUND the REBEL NEWS INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCH


Trudeau’s approach to China

The China Files show that Trudeau’s submissive approach to China isn’t just his personal obsession— it’s the official policy of his entire government and it has deeply infected Canada’s civil service, too. Trudeau’s right-hand man, Ian Shugart, was tasked with silencing the CAF’s legitimate concerns about China, and forcing our military to continue acting as if China, not the U.S., was our most important ally.

As a public service, Rebel News is publishing the documents in full in the hopes that other reporters will continue to unlock the truth about how Trudeau is turning Canada away from our democratic allies, and towards the world’s greatest dictatorship.

View the full documents

Source: Rebel News

Report: Government Spies Are Tracking Brits’ Movements To Check If They’re Complying With Lockdown

GCHQ spooks are monitoring the movement of British people minute by minute to check if they are complying with government restrictions, according to reports.

The London Telegraph (Paywall) reports that spies from Britain’s most secretive intelligence and security organisation, Government Communications Headquarters, have embedded a ‘cell’ within Number 10 Downing Street in order to provide Prime Minister Boris Johnson with real time information pertaining to the public’s movements.

The Daily Mail also reports on the development, which notes that GCHQ, normally tasked with spying on terrorists and foreign powers, has been turned on the British public to gauge whether people are following the COVID ‘rules’ or not.

The report notes that as well as tracking the movement of people, the spies are collecting information on “internet searches for holidays and jobs.”

A source told The Telegraph that the spying is aiding ‘better policymaking,’ concerning the coronavirus pandemic, and will be used in order to make a decision on whether the lockdown will be extended beyond December 2, even though Johnson insisted that it definitely wouldn’t.

The report also claims that the GCHQ has collected all the information from the maligned ‘Track and Trace’ app, and is ensuring that it is ‘anonymised’, so it cannot be accessed by ‘hostile states’.

The spy agency is also being employed to combat ‘anti-vaccination conspiracy theories’ being spread on social media, in relation to the pandemic.

Speaking anonymously to the London Times earlier this month, a source noted that “GCHQ has been told to take out antivaxers online and on social media. There are ways they have used to monitor and disrupt terrorist propaganda.”

The report noted that the spy agency was considering taking down websites and content that isn’t pro-vaccination, as well as ‘disrupting’ those creating the content  by “using a toolkit developed to tackle disinformation and recruitment material peddled by Islamic State.”

GCHQ has previously been embroiled in controversy where spying on the public is concerned, as it was revealed in 2013 by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, that the agency was scouring all online and telephone data in the UK via a program code named ‘Tempora’.

Source: Infowars

H&M fined more than $40 million for Spying on Employees

A German privacy watchdog is fining clothing retailer H&M 35.3 million euros ($41 million) after the company was found to have spied on some of its employees in Germany

A German privacy watchdog said Thursday that it is fining clothing retailer H&M 35.3 million euros ($41 million) after the company was found to have spied on some of its employees in Germany.

Hamburg’s data protection commissioner said in a statement that the Swedish company collected private information about employees at a customer service center in Nuremberg, “ranging from rather harmless details to family issues and religious beliefs.”

The information was recorded on a network drive accessible to up to 50 managers and “used, among other things, to obtain a detailed profile of employees for measures and decisions regarding their employment.”

The data protection commissioner, Johannes Caspar, said that “the combination of collecting details about their private lives and the recording of their activities led to a particularly intensive encroachment on employees’ civil rights.”

The privacy violation was discovered after the data briefly became visible to all people on the company network, resulting in news reports about the information gathering.

H&M said in a statement that the practices in Nuremberg didn’t correspond to company guidelines but that it nevertheless took full responsibility and had apologized unreservedly to the employees. The company said it would examine the fine issued.

Casper welcomed H&M’s decision to pay compensation to employees at the Nuremberg service center and take measures to prevent future privacy breaches, saying the steps “show the intention to give the employees the respect and appreciation they deserve as dependent workers in their daily work for their company.”

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/h-and-m-fined-spy-employees-germany-privacy-watchdog-b740833.html